Time is such a funny thing. In some ways, I feel like I’ve been pregnant forever. At times I’m impatient to get this baby out of my body and can’t wait for January to get here. Other times, I feel like the weeks are flying by a bit too quickly (this week for instance) and feel like I could use a bit more time to prewash cloth diapers, get the nursery completed, and maybe install a car seat in my MINI. I also want to take time to really experience this pregnancy. Unless you’re a constantly knocked-up Duggar it’s a pretty rare opportunity to feel a baby tumbling around in your belly. And of course, I could also use more time to organize, write, publish, and launch all the projects I’ve got lined up before I take 8 weeks of maternity leave off work. And finally, I want to appreciate the time Jeremy and I have together right now – just the two of us.
Field Notes & Other Observations:
• Just when I thought my bruised ribs and squished lungs couldn’t take much more of my ever-expanding uterus the baby dropped down a little. With that, I’m able to feel him a bit more in my pelvis. Sometimes he sends sharp punches to my crotch and I can often feel his head rolling around down there. It’s pretty amazing the nooks and crannies this baby can get into.
• My body (specifically, my awesome boobies) has started producing tiny amounts of colostrum – this is the nutrient dense stuff that happens before your milk comes in. I’m equally amazed and weirded out.
• With that… I’m pretty surprised by how many people ask me if I plan on breastfeeding. I had NO idea it was such a hot topic before I got pregnant. I also had no idea how complicated it can be. I just assumed boobies + a baby = breastfeeding. No big deal, right? Apparently not. Just like natural birthing and all things parenting I definitely have my preferences, breastfeeding being one of them, but will not strictly adhere to a plan if it’s just not in the cards.
• We’ve been receiving so many thoughtful and special gifts for this little guy. I will be sharing more of those over the next few weeks.
• We still don’t have a name. At this point it’s not so much that we want to meet him to see what he’s like first (though, hopefully that will help us in determining what his name will be) but it’s more like meeting him will give us a pretty hard deadline for making the decision. But based on the reactions I’ve been getting from our short list of possibilities, I can promise you will probably completely love or totally hate whatever we choose.
• Finally, because I’m getting farther along I should specify that these posts go up about a week behind how far along I actually am. So today I’m actually 35 weeks. Which means this baby will be at term in just 2 short weeks!
Anatomy of an Outfit:
Romper – BCBG (non-maternity)
Leggings – Gap (maternity)
Boots – Fiorentini + Baker
Crystal necklace – Shop Good