Over the past year or so I’ve slowly collected a modest rock & mineral collection – mostly gifted to me from sweet friends. Sometimes when I meditate (which isn’t nearly as often as I’d like) I’ll lay them out in front of me and pretend like I’m charging them with good vibes – so they can return the favor when I need it. That said, I’m just skeptical enough that it’s easy to doubt the supposed magical components these rocks & minerals hold. But I want to believe!
So today I thought I’d share a little bit of my growing collection and use this space to learn more about and document the powers and properties each of these stones are said to harness.
I received this mineral from Moorea Seal after she launched her new online shop (check it out y’all – such an amazing collection of accessories and home goods).
• A stone traditionally worn to guard against drunkeness and to instill a sober mind.
• It is used as a dream stone and to help insomnia. Put an amethyst under your pillow to bring about pleasant dreams.
• Ancient Egyptians used the amethyst guard against guilty and fearful feelings.
• Amethyst is used for problems in the blood and in breathing problems. Amethyst crystal clusters are used to keep the air and life force in the home clean and positive.
My friend Claire, who has quite a crystal collection, gifted me with this sunstone. At some point I dropped this stone and it broke in half – I was initially bummed but decided to interpret it as a metaphor of abundance and prosperity vs. bad luck.
• Sunstone is an abundance stone. It encourages independence and originality, is inspirational in revealing talents, and attracts fame and unexpected prosperity.
• Wear Sunstone to feel alive and enthusiastic.
• Sunstone increases your profile and brings opportunities for leadership and promotion. Place next to your computer when advertising your own business or services online.
• Sunstone warms the body, increasing metabolism, digestion, and vitality. It stimulates self-healing powers, regulating and harmonizing all of the organs.
My friend, jewelry designer and artist, Amanda Bradway gave me this piece of quartz over coffee after coming home from Arkansas on a crystal hunting trip for her (super amazing) jewelry. I have one of her quartz rings and included one of her many rad necklaces incorporating quartz on my Shop Good gift guide. I’ve also been wearing a quartz pendant throughout my entire pregnancy.
• Quartz has been called the “Universal Crystal” because of its many uses. It enhances energy by absorbing, storing, amplifying, balancing, focusing and transmitting.
• Quartz also enhances thoughts, as they are a form of energy.
• Due to its ability to balance, quartz is excellent for harmonizing and balancing one’s environment. Quartz is also good for energizing other crystals.
• Quartz is a stone of clarity which dispels negativity and clears away negative energy. It can be used to purify and clarify on the spiritual, mental, and physical planes.
Red Spessartine Garnet (on Quartz with Muscovite)
Liz got me this beautiful specimen as a baby gift. Garnet is the birthstone for January, which is the month baby boy is due. And because now we know quartz is good for energizing other crystals this makes the perfect combination of stones.
• The energies of Spessartine vibrate at a high rate, imparting a willingness to help others and strengthening the heart.
• It enhances analytical processes and the rational mind.
• Yet Spessartine also stimulates aspects of creative abilities and energies, encouraging one to take action toward one’s dreams, visions and goals.
• It is a good stone for artists, writers, dancers, actors and others who express through creative energy.
My sister-in-law gifted our baby boy with this amber necklace. Apparently it’s great for teething toddlers but after reading more about the healing properties of amber my little guy will probably be rocking this piece of jewelry from day 1.
• Amber is not actually a stone or mineral, but rather fossilized tree sap.
• It is an excellent stone for those working with the Law of Attraction due to its ability to help in manifesting your desires.
• Amber stone helps draw out negative energy from the body then allows the body to heal itself by taking that negative energy and transmuting it into a positive energy that purifies the body, soul, heart and spirit.
WOW! Okay, so after putting together this post I feel way more inspired to use these stones and minerals daily. Even if it’s all mental or placebo that’s okay – I think they’re a great tool for focusing on aspects and attitudes I want to manifest in my life.
Do you have a crystal or mineral collection? Do you believe in the healing properties or uses behind them? If so, I’d love to hear about your experience!